Happy thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends! In honour of this holiday, here’s a list of ten things I’m thankful for today:
- My husband. The past few months have not been easy on us, and he continually picks up my slack. He is a great guy, an amazing dad, and I am so incredibly lucky to love him.
- My boys. My sweet, funny, clever, loving boys.
- My family, who brought pretty much all of Thanksgiving dinner to our house and still thanked hubby and me for hosting. All we had to cook was the turkey, gravy and some broccoli (because that’s all my weird kid eats).
- Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.
- Fleecy footed pajamas (for the boys, not for me). There’s nothing like my sleepy Monkey all clean from the bath and cozy in warm fleece jammies. And even though Bean is turning more into a big kid every day, all it takes is to see him snuggled up in bed in his fleecy sleepers to remember that he’s still my baby.
- Clear, crisp fall days. We’ve had an extended summer here and although that’s been nice, fall is my favourite and I’m more than ready for sweater weather.
- Gumboots and Muddy Buddies. Even though clear, crisp fall days are the best, I live on the west (wet) coast which means lots of rain. It’s currently pouring buckets and without gumboots and Muddy Buddies, tomorrow’s inevitable puddle jumping would be a lot messier.
- Did I mention coffee?
- My mum. She loves my boys like her own and has helped me through some tough stuff this year. I love how our relationship has grown as I’ve become an adult and a parent.
- This blog. I haven’t written anything in a long time, and even though this blog is primarily about my kids and being a mum, somehow the act of writing it helps me to feel like more than just a mum.
This list is nowhere near exhaustive, but it’s what’s on my mind now. What are you thankful for?